Learn to Make Needle Felted Dolls of Your Very Own!
- Needle felt the core structure using core wool batting
- Connect the parts to create a strong and flexible needle felted body.
- Fun techniques to make needle felted hands and feet that add so much life to your character.
- Adding body contours using amazing yet simple techniques for creating a skin or flesh layer that rolls and stretches much like our own skin.
- Learn techniques for needle felted shoes and clothing options using wool batting and prefelt.
- Over 4 hours on faces will show you so many tricks for creating expression.
- Needle felted eyes and teeth are their own special magic!
- Blush and Shading is nearly like painting with wool.
- Several options for hair including straight and curly.
- Learn how to finish your project by filling in any holes left by the needles and taming down wool fuzzies.
- Finished doll is approximately 10″-12″ tall.
Materials & Supplies
linked products available in our store – non-linked products are widely available online. (we no longer carry wool products, sorry:(
Felting Needle 6 Pack includes the color-coded felting needles you need for this workshop.
- 2 oz wool batting for the core body parts of your needle felted doll
- 2 oz wool batting – Skin Tone
- 2 oz wool batting – variety of colors for clothing OR Merino Prefelt Sheets
- Small amounts of white wool (roving or batting) for teeth and eyes, dyed wool for eye color, blush and shading
- Wool Roving or Curly Wool Locks for hair.
Felting Sticks (paper lollipop sticks or wooden skewers)
Strong sewing needle (used as a sculpting tool – not for sewing)
Learning how to needle felt dolls has never been easier!
Felt Alive Needle Felted Dolls 10 hour long comprehensive video tutorial.
Needle Felting a Doll – Disc 1
Needle Felting a Doll – Disc 2
Needle Felting a Doll – Disc 3
Needle Felting a Doll – Disc 4
Thanks for watching! I hope you are in love with your new little friend you created in this workshop.
My biggest tip for students is this – if you are not in love with your creation, it only means you haven’t finished. If something isn’t right, go back over the lessons and don’t be afraid to keep felting.
Your Friend in Needle Felting ~Kay Petal
Please Share Your Project on our blog by submitting the form below.
Here is a very small sampling of the projects my students have completed using this video as their guide. I couldn’t be more proud of their original creativity!