Needle Felted Fairy Video Tutorial – Learn how to needle felt a fully jointed fairy doll with no wire armatures, no glass eyes, no clay parts – just needle felted wool.
9 hours of intense needle felting fun!
Plenty of zoom-ins give you a nearly magnified view of the finest details! Without any high-speed sequences, the pace is relaxing, making it a magical learning experience as your unique Fairy Doll comes to life!
Needle Felted Fairy Video is my newest tutorial and I make it easier than ever for you to learn how to Felt Alive!
Needle Felting is truly an amazing craft. It’s relaxing, meditative, therapeutic, peaceful, magical and a bit mysterious.
In this 9 hour long tutorial, I do my best to take the mystery out as I teach you, step-by-step and poke-by-poke, the secrets of bringing wool to life.
Needle Felted FAIRY Video Tutorial Features:
- Needle felt the core structure using core wool batting – no wire armatures!
- Make flexible joints by connecting the core parts to create a strong and lifelike needle felted body.
- You’ll learn fun techniques to make needle felted hands and feet that add so much life to your character.
- Sculpt and form her little body using amazing yet simple techniques for creating a skin or flesh layer that rolls and stretches much like our own skin.
- Learn techniques for needle felting her slippers and suit using batting and prefelt.
- We spend several hours on faces so you’ll learn exactly how it’s done.
- Needle felted eyes and teeth are their own special magic!
- Blush and Shading is nearly like painting with wool
- You’ll learn how simple it is to give your Fairy beautiful hair.
- Learn how to finish your project by filling in any holes left by the needles and taming down wool fuzzies.
- Finished FAIRY doll is approximately 8″ – 10″ tall.
- Materials and supplies listed at the beginning of video
Materials & Supplies
linked products available in our store – non-linked products are widely available online. (we no longer carry wool product, sorry 🙁
Felting Needle 6 Pack includes the color-coded felting needles you need for this workshop.
- 1 oz wool batting for the core body parts
- 1 oz wool batting – Skin Tone
- .5 oz wool batting – variety of colors for clothing OR Merino Prefelt Sheets
- Small amounts of white wool (roving or batting) for teeth and eyes, dyed wool for eye color, blush and shading
- Wool Roving or Curly Wool Locks for hair.
Foam Felting Pad
Felting Sticks (paper lollipop sticks or wooden skewers)
Strong sewing needle (used as a sculpting tool – not for sewing)
Felt Alive Fairy Dolls – press play and have fun!
Thanks for watching! I hope you are in love with your new little friend you created in this workshop and that you learned lots of helpful needle felting tips and tricks..
My biggest tip for students is this – if you are not in love with your creation, it only means you haven’t finished. If something isn’t right, go back over the lessons and don’t be afraid to keep felting.
Share Your Project on our blog by submitting the form below.