How to needle felt a fairy
Learn how to needle felt a fairy with no wire armatures, no glass eyes, no clay parts – just needle felted wool. This Video Workshop would be the equivalent of fun and intensive 3 day Felt Alive LIVE needle felted doll-making workshop except you work on your project on your schedule – whenever it’s convenient for you from the comfort of your own home!
10 hours of intense needle felting fun!
You get a bird’s eye view of my felting pad, no straining to see from across the room, no peeking over shoulders or feeling lost as the class moves along before you are ready. With me as your own personal tutor that you can pause and rewind anytime. Plenty of zoom-ins give you a nearly magnified view of the finest details! Without any high-speed sequences, the pace is relaxing, making it a magical learning experience as your unique Fairy Doll comes to life!
This is my newest video and I make it easier than ever for you to learn how to Felt Alive!
Needle Felting is truly an amazing craft. It’s relaxing, meditative, therapeutic, peaceful, magical and a bit mysterious.
In this 10 hour long tutorial, I do my best to take the mystery out as I teach you, step-by-step and poke-by-poke, the secrets of bringing wool to life.
Needle Felted FAIRY Dolls Workshop Features:
- Needle felt the core structure using core wool batting – no wire armatures!
- Make flexible joints by connecting the core parts to create a strong and lifelike needle felted body.
- You’ll learn fun techniques to make needle felted hands and feet that add so much life to your character.
- Sculpt and form her little body using amazing yet simple techniques for creating a skin or flesh layer that rolls and stretches much like our own skin.
- Learn techniques for needle felting her slippers and suit using batting and prefelt.
- We spend several hours on faces so you’ll learn exactly how it’s done.
- Needle felted eyes and teeth are their own special magic!
- Blush and Shading is nearly like painting with wool
- You’ll learn how simple it is to give your Fairy beautiful hair.
- Learn how to finish your project by filling in any holes left by the needles and taming down wool fuzzies.
- Finished FAIRY doll is approximately 8″ – 10″ tall.