Learn how to needle felt a Santa doll! This is such a great video for learning advanced techniques for sweet, smiling needle felted faces with simple bodies. Santa stands on his own without using any wire armatures – from head to toe he’s all needle felted wool.
Materials & Supplies
Felting Needle 6 Pack includes the color-coded felting needles you need for this workshop.
- 1 oz wool batting for the core body parts
- 1 oz wool batting – Skin Tone
- 1 oz wool batting – Red for clothing
- .5 oz wool batting – Black for boots and details
- .5 oz wool batting -White for mittens and clothing
- Small amounts of white wool (roving or batting) for teeth and eyes, dyed wool for eye color, blush and shading
- Wool Roving or Curly Wool Locks for hair.
Felting Sticks (paper lollipop sticks or wooden skewers)
Strong sewing needle (used as a sculpting tool – not for sewing)
(we no longer carry wool products) linked products available in our store – non-linked products are widely available online.
Press Play and Have Fun!
Santa Disc One
Santa Disc Two
Santa Disc Three
Congratulations for completing your Santa Doll! Use the form below to share your project on our blog.